Vikram Oberoi CEO & MD, Oberoi Hotels, has recently released a message stating how the hotel chain is going to elevate hygiene standards across all properties.
“Our hotels have always placed the highest emphasis on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues with exacting standards of cleanliness and hygiene. I would like to take this opportunity to share how we have used this time to implement even more detailed measures to prepare ourselves to welcome you back whenever you feel safe to travel.
With these measures in place, and with essential team members staying in each of our hotels, we have been very fortunate not to have any cases of COVID-19 at our hotels amongst our colleagues and the few guests who are staying with us.
We have enhanced our cleaning and hygiene standards to include the following additional steps:
- All touch points in public areas like door handles, elevator buttons, counter tops, table-tops, railings, etc. are cleaned continuously using a sanitiser/disinfectant. These practices are also in place in guest rooms during the morning housekeeping service and at turndown in the evening.
- Electrostatic sprayers with professionally identified chemicals are being used to disinfect the hotel entrances, employee entrances, as well as various public areas.
- Protocols are in place for staff in the kitchens, restaurants, in-room dining, business centres and banquet halls to sanitise their hands every time they serve food or touch food related items.
- Updated and detailed cleaning checklists, including the use of professionally identified chemicals and agents for all areas, including laundry, are being followed and monitored closely.
- All supplies and materials are sanitised before being admitted into the hotel premises.
- Correctly formulated hand sanitisers are in place in all guest rooms and at all public spaces and include the entrances, lobbies, corridors, business centres, cloak rooms, etc.
- Our cars are disinfected after each use, as is luggage, before entering the hotel.
- Masks and disposable gloves are being worn by all team members at all times and changed frequently. Housekeeping staff use fresh gloves for every room they service.
- Restaurants and seating in the lobby have been reconfigured to ensure safe distances are maintained between guests.
- Temperature readings of non-resident guests are taken at the entrance of the hotel. Temperature readings of resident guests and team members are also taken twice a day.
- A guest check-in self-declaration form is in place which covers COVID-19 symptoms. Any guest who indicates these symptoms is required to undergo a medical examination prior to check-in.
- If any of the parameters for our guests or colleagues are not normal, a medical examination and medical assistance are provided immediately.
- Professional agencies and doctors are on standby for sanitisation of all areas should there be anyone detected with a positive sign of COVID-19.
- Detailed Standard Operating Procedures are in place in case of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis where a guest or a colleague needs to be quarantined.
To ensure all standards and protocols are adhered to, each hotel has a dedicated Hygiene and Safety Manager.”